churches/monasteries/convents

Altenmarkt Parish Church

Altenmarkt Parish Church

Zauchenseestraße 1, 5541 Altenmarkt-Zauchensee, Austria

Phone (0043) 6452 7117
pfarre.altenmarkt@pfarre.kirchen.net
http://www.pfarre-altenmarkt.at
The Roman Catholic Parish church buildings include the Anna, Lourdes, Markt and Tannen Chapels, the Dechantshof and the Dechantshof barn. Little is known about the original shape and appearance of the oldest church in Altenmarkt. In all likelihood, however, it lay beneath the church today. The existing building, is associated with a significant historical figure: Reicher von Etling (1369-1399). At the court of the art-loving Archbishop, Pilgrim II Reicher played a great role as chaplain and later as court master (chief administrator). Altenmarkt owes the far-reaching connections of this accomplished man to the rebuilding of his church. He also donated the Annakapelle in 1395.
Website
Overview